Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
RTA2600 IP camera setup ddns service 

I have a RTA2600 router my question is about my IP cameras. I have port forwarding set up and can view the cameras outside of my network. The problem is I can not view the cameras inside my network. When I hook my old linksys router back up I can see my cameras inside and outside my network. I have a ddns service and when I try to see my cameras on the ddns domain name I can not see them inside my network but can see them outside my network. If I use the cameras IP address I can see them inside my network.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

jjones192092 wrote:
I have a RTA2600 router my question is about my IP cameras. I have port forwarding set up and can view the cameras outside of my network. The problem is I can not view the cameras inside my network. When I hook my old linksys router back up I can see my cameras inside and outside my network. I have a ddns service and when I try to see my cameras on the ddns domain name I can not see them inside my network but can see them outside my network. If I use the cameras IP address I can see them inside my network.

All of this sounds correct to me. This is due to the router not supporting the loopback function. When inside the network, you should be using the private IP address. When outside the network, you will use the public or in your case the DDNS service to view the cameras. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]