Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
DDNS 

Is it possible to use a DDNS service other than TZO and DynDNS (now the same company)? There are so many free DDNS services out there that it seems a shame to be limited to paid ones. If I just fill in my free DDNS service info, will it work? Or is the firmware unaware of anything but the two mentioned above?

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 pm

SGH_amped wrote:
Is it possible to use a DDNS service other than TZO and DynDNS (now the same company)? There are so many free DDNS services out there that it seems a shame to be limited to paid ones. If I just fill in my free DDNS service info, will it work? Or is the firmware unaware of anything but the two mentioned above?

As it stands the routers will only allow you to use these two services. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Concierge 109 wrote:
SGH_amped wrote:

As it stands the routers will only allow you to use these two services. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I hate to bring this back up, but do you guys know that TZO was acquired by DynDNS, and that DynDNS is no longer providing their free accounts for Dynamic DNS?

It would really be appreciated if you guys could give us some more options here. Without DDNS, these routers are not going to be very useful to a lot of people.

Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass this along to our engineers.

Mon May 05, 2014 2:41 pm

I am running into the same issue for my RTA15. Any chance of getting more options for Dynamic DNS? As mentioned previously, TZO was acquired by DynDNS, and DynDNS does not offer free accounts anymore. There are many free DNS providers out there. Please reiterate the request to have more DNS options - thank you!

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm

philm105 wrote:
I am running into the same issue for my RTA15. Any chance of getting more options for Dynamic DNS? As mentioned previously, TZO was acquired by DynDNS, and DynDNS does not offer free accounts anymore. There are many free DNS providers out there. Please reiterate the request to have more DNS options - thank you!

Hello Philm105,

we are aware of the issue and have passed this on to our engineers and when they come up with a fix it should be in the next firmware update however we do not know when that will be.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 am

Concierge 131 wrote:
philm105 wrote:

Hello Philm105,

we are aware of the issue and have passed this on to our engineers and when they come up with a fix it should be in the next firmware update however we do not know when that will be.

When will the new firmware be available? I want to use another DDNS provider like No-Ip.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 am

gatey2k wrote:
Concierge 131 wrote:
philm105 wrote:

Hello Philm105,

When will the new firmware be available? I want to use another DDNS provider like No-Ip.

As it stands, I do not have a known release date for this. When it becomes available we will put it up on our support site at www.ampedwireless.com/support.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]