How to Change a Password
(All Range Extenders) Objective:
To change a network password manually. You would want to do this if you already have run through the setup wizard but want to change the password . Overview
- Connect to Amped Wireless network and access the Setup Page - setup.ampedwireless.com
- Navigate to the Security page and choose your network
- Choose your Encryption Type
- Make Changes, and Apply
1. Connect to the Amped Wireless Range Extender (with a cable if you do not know the wireless password.) Go to setup.ampedwireless.com
2. Locate the More Settings option from the left navigational column and go to Wireless Settings
3. Locate the "Select Wireless Network" drop down box. When Extended is selected, this will change the repeater's wireless network. When Home is selected this will change the password configured to match your router.
4. Locate the "Pre-Shared Key" field. Delete the hashed out password and retype the new password.
5. Click Apply to make the changes.
6. The Range Extender will prompt you to reboot. To apply the settings, click "Reboot Now". If you have more settings changes to make you can select "Reboot Later"