Repeater Tip - WPA/WPA2 Settings Objective:
This article will guide you through changing your repeater's encryption settings. You may need to change your encryption to WPA or WPA2 if you wish to have a stronger form of encryption(security) or if a specific wireless device (phone, tablet, TV, computer) requires this type of encryption in order to connect. In addition, most 802.11n products will knock your throughput down by up to 80% if you use WEP or WPA/TKIP security. Changing to WPA2/AES is best for speeds. Steps:
1. Log into the setup screen of the repeater (setup.ampedwireless.com), and on the left hand side navigate to More Settings
] Wireless Settings
2. Locate the field labeled Select Wireless Network:
and select Extended Network
from the drop down menu.
3. Select WPA from the Encryption drop down box.
4. Select the Personal (Pre-shared Key) radio button under the Authentication Mode Option.
5. For the Cipher Suite - choose AES or TKIP (WPA2 uses AES, while TKIP is used on older WPA systems.)
6. For the Pre-Shared Key Format - choose Passphrase.
7. For the Pre-Shared Key - delete the hashed out password from the text box. Enter at lease 8 digit key using alpha numeric characters, click Apply
and then click Reboot Now