Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Multiple access points 

I'm looking to setup multiple access points (probably AP600EX or APA20) connected to the same LAN and only use one SSID. What types of issues would I encounter if any? Is this easy to configure and setup? Would users only see one available network even if the access points are close enough to each other to overlap? Would users be able to move around freely and stay connected to the network regardless of the access point they are closest to?

Tue May 03, 2016 3:21 pm
zzhwvw01 wrote:
I'm looking to setup multiple access points (probably AP600EX or APA20) connected to the same LAN and only use one SSID. What types of issues would I encounter if any? Is this easy to configure and setup? Would users only see one available network even if the access points are close enough to each other to overlap? Would users be able to move around freely and stay connected to the network regardless of the access point they are closest to?

This will not work for you, as our units will require different SSIDs. The users will have to connect to the different SSIDs, as they will not hand off like a seamless network.

Tue May 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Concierge 109 wrote:

This will not work for you, as our units will require different SSIDs. The users will have to connect to the different SSIDs, as they will not hand off like a seamless network.

Thanks for the quick response. Will any of the amped devices work in this manner?

Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm
zzhwvw01 wrote:
Concierge 109 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. Will any of the amped devices work in this manner?

No, I'm sorry, they won't.

Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Assuming that I will settle for multiple APs that won't hand off to one another, how can I set it up so that devices (Windows homegroups) connected to AP#1 can see devices connected to AP#2?

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]