Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Trouble Connecting Ally Plus to ATT Router 

Hi all. I just purchased the Ally Plus for our home since the current AT&T router does not reach many places in our home. The AT&T Router is a PACE 3801HGV. It appears to be a combination modem/router. I just want to use it as a modem, not a router, but I do not know how to turn the wireless broadcast off. I tried looking on AT&T's message boards and could not find much detail on how to do this: I also looked at the PACE manufacturer's website (2Wire); however, it appears AT&T substantially modified the Router's menus because I am not seeing the manufacturer says I should see.

One of the solutions AT&T discusses is using the modem/router as a "bridge"; however, I cannot find accurate instructions on how to do this on the AT&T website. If I cannot get this to work, I will need to return the Ally Plus as I don't really have any other ISP options at the moment.

Please help.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 pm
Site Admin

MrSpkr wrote:
Hi all. I just purchased the Ally Plus for our home since the current AT&T router does not reach many places in our home. The AT&T Router is a PACE 3801HGV. It appears to be a combination modem/router. I just want to use it as a modem, not a router, but I do not know how to turn the wireless broadcast off. I tried looking on AT&T's message boards and could not find much detail on how to do this: I also looked at the PACE manufacturer's website (2Wire); however, it appears AT&T substantially modified the Router's menus because I am not seeing the manufacturer says I should see.

One of the solutions AT&T discusses is using the modem/router as a "bridge"; however, I cannot find accurate instructions on how to do this on the AT&T website. If I cannot get this to work, I will need to return the Ally Plus as I don't really have any other ISP options at the moment.

Please help.

You need to call AT&T so that they can assist you with setting the PACE unit into bridge mode as we do not have information on other manufacturers products, sorry.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]