Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Addition to Powerline 

I have the Powerline Nano AV500 - works great to utilize the electric current from the room with the wireless source to a room with a computer - the computer is wired to the Nano.

Now I want to expand wireless into another room. I see one solution - another PLA2 set paired with a AP20000G...I have some questions.

Since I already have a PLA2 set - I don't think I need 2 more. I just need 1 to extend...is a single available?

I would like something smaller than the AP20000G - what else would work?

Ideally I would like something that looks like the REC10 - something small with an antenna that extends the reach of the signal going through the electric current....yes, I know the REC10 doesn't do that.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:07 am
GDL wrote:
I have the Powerline Nano AV500 - works great to utilize the electric current from the room with the wireless source to a room with a computer - the computer is wired to the Nano.

Now I want to expand wireless into another room. I see one solution - another PLA2 set paired with a AP20000G...I have some questions.

Since I already have a PLA2 set - I don't think I need 2 more. I just need 1 to extend...is a single available?

I would like something smaller than the AP20000G - what else would work?

Ideally I would like something that looks like the REC10 - something small with an antenna that extends the reach of the signal going through the electric current....yes, I know the REC10 doesn't do that.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

As it stands, you will end up with 2 more PLAs because we only sell them in pairs.

As far as size, we do not have a smaller sized AP. We only offer APs in the AP20000G size. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:51 am

So the 2 PLAs are the same - I would just plug one into an outlet and it would automatically pick up the signal from the one I have linked to the wifi source...right?

If I buy the bundle (2 PLAs and the AP20000G) is there a cord included to connect the PLA to the AP20000G?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:03 pm
GDL wrote:
So the 2 PLAs are the same - I would just plug one into an outlet and it would automatically pick up the signal from the one I have linked to the wifi source...right?

If I buy the bundle (2 PLAs and the AP20000G) is there a cord included to connect the PLA to the AP20000G?

Yes, that should work. You will have to plug in one of the PLA2, push the Sync button on the side for 3 seconds, release and you will see one of the lights begin to flash. Plug the second unit in and push the sync button for 3 seconds and you will see the lights flash for a few seconds. The middle and right light will then stay solid on both units, showing that they are synced. Now push the sync button on the second unit for 3 seconds and you will see the light flash again. Plug in the third unit and push the sync button for 3 seconds and release. You will see the same lights light up and stay solid on the third unit now. They are now all synced.

You just need to make sure that they are all being used on the same circuit or they will not sync.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks for your reply - but I am confused.

I have ordered Powerline to Wi-Fi Access Point Range Extending Bundle (PLA2 & AP300)

I already have a pair of PLA2 - (1) is connected to my wifi source (2) is connected (wired) to a computer in another room.

My goal is to expand wireless to another room.

Your instructions were a bit confusing - please repeat so I understand for my situation...I already have 2 PLA2 plugged in and operating. I think I just need to plug in one more PLA2 and attach it to the AP300.

Thanks for your help.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 am

That is correct.
You would just connect one more PLA, click the sync button, and then attach ap300

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks for your help. I should get the new items in a few day - can't wait to try it out.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:36 am

Have you updated your offerings? I already have the Nano AV 500 powerline kit, I only need to add one more- do you now sell them individually, or am I required to buy another pair?

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 am
Site Admin

Gargoyle wrote:
Have you updated your offerings? I already have the Nano AV 500 powerline kit, I only need to add one more- do you now sell them individually, or am I required to buy another pair?

Sorry but that model has been discontinued and is no longer available.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]